I tossed the AARP in the trash and never thought much about what I was missing out on until I saw something my daughter brought home from work and left on the table. I'm sure she didn't know what can of worms she was opening up for her dear Mother.
It actually has changed my thinking about being called a senior citizen, but in a good way! I did a little research based on the paper my daughter brought home that contained a list of nationwide businesses that offer a senior discount, if you ask that is.
So, I googled by my state of Florida and came up with this list. Do the same for your state and you'll be amazed to find out how many businesses you frequent offer a discount starting at the young age of 50.
I am going to cash in and get my fair share, honey! Not only can you get a discount for a cup of coffee, but even your local grocery store gives a discount! Now that is when I sat up and took notice, since that is one of our largest monthly costs, food!
If you live in the Sunshine State of Florida here is what I found and wanted to share with you today.
- Applebee’s: 15% off with Golden Apple Card (60+)
- Arby’s 10% off (55+). Varies by location, please call your local Arby’s.
- A&W All American Food: Varies by location.
- Ben & Jerry’s: 10% off (60+)
- Bennigan’s: discount varies by location
- Bob’s Big Boy: discount varies by location (60+)
- Boston Market: 10% off (65+)
- Burger King: 10% off or a $.75 drink (60+). (varies by location)
- Captain D’s Seafood: discount varies on location (62+)
- Chick-Fil-A: 10% off or free small drink or coffee (55+) (varies by location)
- Chili’s: 10% off (55+)
- CiCi’s Pizza: 10% off (60+)
- Culver’s: 10% off (60+)
- Dairy Queen: 10% off (60+), varies by location
- Denny’s: 10% off, 20% off for AARP members (55+)
- Dunkin’ Donuts: 10% off or free coffee (55+)
- Einstein’s Bagels: 10% off baker’s dozen of bagels (60+)
- El Pollo Loco: 10% off (55+) varies by location.
- Friendly’s: Discounted breakfast (60+)
- Fuddrucker’s: 10% off any senior platter (55+)
- Gatti’s Pizza: 10% off (60+)
- Golden Corral: 10% off (60+)
- IHOP: 10% off (55+)
- Jack in the Box: up to 20% off (55+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal (55+)
- Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+)
- Long John Silver’s: various discounts at participating locations (55+)
- Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)
- Ponderosa: Senior menu from 11a-4p (60+)
- Shoney’s: 10% off
- Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+), varies by location
- Steak ‘n Shake: 10% off every Monday & Tuesday (50+)
- Subway: 10% off at manager’s discretion (60+)
- Sweet Tomatoes: 10% off (62+)
- Taco Bell: 5% off; free beverages for seniors (65+)
- TCBY: 10% off (55+)
- Tea Room Cafe: 10% off (50+)
- Village Inn: 10% off (60+)
- Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)
- Wendy’s: Discount and age limit vary by location. Ask your local restaurant for details.
- Whataburger: Discounted soda
- White Castle: 10% off (62+)
- American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday (50+)
- Compare Foods Supermarket: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
- DeCicco Family Markets: 5% off every Wednesday (60+)
- Debbie's Health Food: 20% off first Tuesday each month any age, senior's every Friday 55+
- Deland Natural Market: 20% off student discount, 20% off senior discount with ID
- Fresh Farm: 5% off Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Fry’s Supermarket: free Fry’s VIP Club Membership & 10% off every Monday (55+), or 10% first Wednesday of every month
- Great Valu Food Store: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Gristedes Supermarket: 10% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Harris Teeter: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Hy-Vee: 5% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Kroger: 10% off first Wednesday of the month. (60+) (select locations only, contact your local store)
- Morton Williams Supermarket: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Pathmark: 5% off $30 every Tuesday (55+)
- The Plant Shed: 10% off every Tuesday (50+)
- Publix: 5-15% off every Wednesday (60+; only valid outside FL)
- Rogers Marketplace: 5% off every Thursday (60+)
- Uncle Guiseppe’s Marketplace: 5% off (62+)
- Great Clips: $3 off hair cuts (65+)
- Super Cuts: $2 off haircuts (60+)
- Banana Republic: 10% off (50+)
- Bealls: 15% off every Tuesday (50+)
- Bed Bath and Beyond: 10% off mailing club (55+)
- Belk: 15% off first Tuesday of every month (55+)
- Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days with a BonTon credit card. (55+)
- C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
- Clarks: 10% off (62+)
- Dress Barn: 10% off (55+) (varies by location)
- Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Hallmark: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Hancock Fabrics: 15% off on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month. (55+) In-store only.
- Kohl’s: 15% off (60+) on Wednesdays
- Lens Crafters: 30% off for AARP members
- Michael’s: 10% off on Tuesdays with AARP card
- Modell’s Sporting Goods: 10% off
- Rite Aid: 20% off on the first Wednesday of the month for wellness+ members (65+)
- Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday (55+)
- Tanger Outlets: Free coupon book for AARP members
- The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: up to 50% off (55+)
- TJ Maxx: 10% on Tuesdays, varies by location.
- Stein Mart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month (55+)
- Walgreens: “Senior Day” once a month. (Balance Rewards members 55+ and all AARP members). Day of the month varies by location. Discount is 20% off Walgreen brands and 15% of most everything else
Call you local businesses and speak to the manager and ask for a senior discount. If they don't offer one, give them reasons why they should, like taking your business to their competitor. And, remember to use any coupons on the day you get your senior discount to really cash in on savings!
I hope you will leave a comment and let me know if you like my topic.