Tuesday, January 24, 2012

National Tea Month and DIY Chalkboard Paint!

Hello Wonderful Friends,
  Did you hear? It's national tea month!  I received the nicest magazine called Tea Time and it is just full of wonderful recipes and news about tea time fun.  If you like tea parties as much as I do or just relaxing with a cup of tea anytime during the day then you'll love this magazine too!

Give-a-way today only!  If you'd like to win a "Tea Party by Mail" goodie basket filled with handmade gifts from the Sunshine Farm Girl co-op team, then come on over to this link, shop and you'll be entered to win a huge basket full of goodies all with a tea time theme.  Includes a tea cup and teas!  It will be filled with goodies like this!  (for reference only)
                                                                 

Eco-Friendly Craft Project:

I am sharing some fun eco-friendly craft projects on my co-op blog.  Have you been over to check them out?  I found this wonderful site all about doing "green crafts".....since I am always looking for non-toxic and diy projects that are safe for me to do.

I found one recently for making your own chalkboard paint!  There is one company in Canada that makes a non-toxic chalkboard paint, but a little bottle is just a couple of dollars, but I thought how long will that last me!  So, here is a recipe that you can try and let us know how you like it.  I haven't made it yet but as soon as I do you'll be hearing about the results.

Supplies:  non-voc paint (my recommendation) found at Lowe's and non-sanded tile grout

Mix in a glass jar with lid.  1/4 cup paint and 1 tablespoon grout mix well.  Paint it on any surface, let dry and then prime the surface with chalk going in a horizontal motion and then vertical.  Erase and you are ready to go!

My Latest Shop Items:  I saw this great idea on another farm girl blog altering pocket calendars.  I took it a step up turning them into inspirational logs. Enjoy!  found in my Jeanpatch by MK shop!

 Hope to see you all there soon!  You can shop until 10 p.m. eastern time!

 Have a great day,

Marsha

No comments: