Do this easy exercise every day of the week and you'll beat not only the Monday blues, but you'll ward off negative thinking any day of the week! I have Lyme disease and use these methods to help me to deal better with situations when I get depressed and stressed.
Magical Monday: Do these 5 things starting on Monday and ending on Sunday to turn a moody day into a magical day! Write down in a gratitude journal these five categories; home, family, friends, phone and public. Take it with you if you leave the house and re-read it throughout the day if you feel your mood turning negative. At the end of the day, make notes next to each one as to how it turned out and how you felt afterward.
- Write down 5 things you are thankful for in your life (family)
- Smile to 5 people (public)
- Eat something new for breakfast (i.e. fruit, nut butter or seed butter, quinoa) (home)
- Do something nice for 5 of your (friends)
- Be patient and kind when using the (phone)
- Thankful Tuesday (tell others 'thank you')
- Wordless Wednesday (think before you speak)
- Thriving Thursday (take time for yourself, grow a garden)
- Faithful Friday (read the bible, show forgiveness not resentment)
- Surviving Saturday (make each chore, errand or task shine)
- Servitude Sunday (do kind and helpful things for others)