Monday, April 25, 2011

Kayla's Gluten Free Coconut Cookies-Best Ever!

Happy Monday Friends!

 This is the best ever gluten free coconut cookie recipe you'll ever make.  My sweet Dumplin, Kayla made these and took them to work.  She had enough for each of her co-worker's and the owner of the health food store she works at.  They all fell head-over -heels in love with them and the boss asked her to make up recipe cards and place them by each of the ingredients she used from the store for customer's to try.

  It's so nice to see her love to cook and bake now, but it wasn't too many years back that she just hated to.  But, being the dear loving Mom that I am, I encouraged her to keep trying and follow her instincts I taught her and the recipe. 

  I've always been one to change the recipe around a bit and use ingredients from my diet in place of the ones I can't have.  I'm gonna share this wonderful recipe with you all too.  But, promise me you'll go to your health food store and buy the exact same ingredients.  I trust ya!

Kayla's Famous Coconut Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups organic coconut flour (Let's do organic)
1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 stick organic butter
1 cup agave
1/4 cup Xylo Sweet (xylitol)
2 large organic eggs
1 teaspoon Watkins Organic Vanilla extract
3 cups organic unsweetened coconut flakes
2 cups unsweetened carob chips (sunspire)
Unsweetened Organic Rice Milk

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 F
In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.  In another bowl with an electric mixer cream butter and sweetners until fluffy.  Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and beat in flour mixture. Add enough rice milk to make a cookie dough batter.  Beat in vanilla and stir in coconut and carob chips.

Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto buttered baking sheet and bake cookies in middle of oven for 10 minutes, or until golden.  Cool on baking sheet 1 minute and then transfer to racks to cool completely.

Cookies keep in airtight containers 5 days.

I wish I had a picture to share with you, but we ate them all!  Here is one of here jewelry and note cards available for purchase in her etsy shop.
Next, batch I promise to take the picture first!  When you make your batch take a picture and share it here on this post.  I might even have a contest for sending in your best cookie recipe with the cookie you baked and the winner wins a Sunshine Farmgirl Co-op goodie grab bag!  That will be next month, so check back to enter.





http://www.reflectionsofkayla.etsy.com/



From our kitchen to your kitchen!

Blessings,
Marsha

No comments: