- Supplies You'll Need Are:
- tacky glue
- carpet knife
- wax paper
- scrap paper or handmade paper
- measuring tape
- fine sandpaper
- Open book and lay one sheet of wax paper on the inside cover and tape it to the front cover with masking tape. Do the same for the back cover.
- Mark a straight line 1 inch in from each end of the book.
- See pictures above for step 2
- Glue the pages together on the outside edge of the book pages.
- Close the book and make sure the wax paper is covering the inside cover so no excess glue gets on it. Use the clamps one of each side of the books 3 edges.
- Let dry overnight.
- Remove clamps and remove wax paper.
- Draw a 1/2 inch line across the back of the book to meet the two lines you have for the sides.
Use your piece of fine sandpaper and smooth the edges until all the little wispy pieces are gone.
Now you can choose your paper for the bottom of the inside back cover and glue it in place. You'll next glue the back of the book and close the book and lay a stack of 3 or 4 heavy books on top overnight.
Remove the books the next day and your book is ready to use. Have fun and let me know if you give this a try.
If you're not up to the challenge but would like to have a hollow book of your very own, just drop by My Secret Compartments shop on Etsy.