This is so exciting for me. I was nominated on Babble, a top blog that features other blogs that offer DIY projects. If you could vote for me, I'd really appreciate the help. That will get me moved up the list and hopefully on the top 50 for next year. If I make it they will feature my blog in the top 50 DIY blogs for 2012!!!! I am so excited!!!
******************Please go to this link and vote for me! Just go through it alphabetically til you get to Jeanpatch!
So in honor of being considered as a great DIY blog here is a great and easy project for you to do!!! I'm going to share with you how to make your own great journals from Vintage book covers! Sounds hard right off, but just wait til you see how I do it.
Using your printer and scanner lay the book cover face down on your printer and scan the cover. Adjust the contrast to darken and brighten the color.
2. Save your scan and name the file.
3. Select your file and then select the print option.
4. Now pick a journal with a plain cover in paper back 5x7 is a nice size.
5. Adjust your size on your print selection and use a piece of printer paper to test the size. Once you have the right size then print on a piece of white card stock found at your local craft stores.
6. Cut your picture out and glue it to the cover of your journal. Voila! You have your very own vintage book cover altered journal! Enjoy!