Monday, February 7, 2011

Secret Compartment Altered Book

When you're living with a chronic illness like Lyme disease in my case, you need a hobby to keep your mind off yourself.  I'm always open to new craft projects that I can accomplish mostly on my own.  The art of taking an old book and turning it into a work of art is so rewarding.  But, in my case I had to have help from my DH in order to get the job done right.

Your spouse should be someone who is there to lend a helping hand when you need it and ask for their help.  Mine is wonderful at making things turn out just the way I invision them, so we have a wonderful happy marriage.

He did all the cutting and I did all the embellishing.  Tada! Here is the first of my secret compartment books.  They are for sale for only $20.00 and for the month of February includes shipping.

If you join my farmgirl co-op you'll get in on my special offer of buy one get one free. Go to http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/ and join the newsletter and use the contact button and let me know you are joining. 

 It's  free, so you have nothing to loose but everything to gain.  You'll be joining a great group of wonderful sharing women who work out of their homes helping to support their families in these hard times.


The book I used is from 1930's and has a rust/deep orange cover.  Measures 7x5x 1 3/4 $20.00

No comments: