Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Living With Lyme-Forewarned and Forearmed

Being forewarned is being forearmed.  If you are living with Lyme disease you need to know what sets it off.  Most of what sets off the Lyme is learned by those with Lyme and they pass along their experiences for others to be aware of these factors and use the information to help themselves out of a possible setback.

These things may not effect all Lyme suffers but it behooves us to know about them and act with caution.  Basically, any invasion to the body will trigger a Lyme attack.  Going to the dentist. Having an MRI test are just some of the procedures that will set off a Lyme attack in some patients.  If you are needing to have surgery you definitely need to be prepared for the aftermath and to expect some bizarre thing to happen to you.

What are some of these things?  Well, Lyme is like an auto-immune disorder.  It will attack your body anywhere it thinks you are vulnerable.  It could be your thyroid, heart, lungs, digestive tract.  All of which I have experienced with my Lyme.

I'll give you my personal experiences to give you an idea of what this bacteria can do to you.  My last post told you about my experience after having several MRI and a stress test done.  In 2007 I had deep cleaning done on my teeth and the bacteria attacked my thyroid and heart.

In 2008 I was in a car accident, the bacteria attacked my digestive tract and I went from 126 pounds to 110 pounds over the next 12 months.  It took my doctor all of 2010 to get my body to calm down and start gaining weight back. I'm now at 115 pounds.  In this attack  my digestive tract was damaged so badly that it left me with Celiacs disease and cancer in the small intestine.  Which, I must have already been genetically disposed to but the Lyme brought it on out.  I'm also left with a permanent injury to my left rotator cuff.

My advise is don't jump into any procedure without first talking to your doctor and preparing your mind and your body for the aftermath of it all.   Keep a positive outlook on life and keep smiling!  Do things like a kid again. Explore areas of life in your creative side. It is the best therapy money can buy.

No comments: