Monday, February 15, 2010

Oven Pancake Puff, Saves Time and Energy

This recipe is my own. It saves me time standing at the stove cooking indiviual pancakes. I don't have much energy due to Lyme disease, so any short cut is a blessing.

Ingredients: 3/4 cup gluten free flour           1/2 cup water          1/4 cup organic half-half or almond milk
2 eggs         1/4 teaspoon Watkins gluten- free baking powder   1/4 cup tapioca flour

Beat eggs well. Add water and milk and stir. Add all dry ingredients and mix well.
In baking dish coat with organic oil canola or olive oil. Sprinkle with your gluten free flour. Pour mixture into dish and bake in 375f oven for 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean. I have a speed bake option on my stove and it takes 25 minutes.

Variations: add 1 Tbls. fruit  or   1 ounce of organic cheese or    1 ounce of organic turkey or chicken sausage. I use organic gluten free flours, like MaryJane'sFarm or http://www.weedyways.com/

No comments: