Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Easy Sew Greeting Card Project

Hello Dear Friends,

    When I'm feeling blue, and I don't want to burden my friends with my gloom, I turn to my crafts.  This is a fun and easy sewing project for a greeting card.  Here is what you'll need to make your own cute card to share or turn into a journal card.

   Supplies: 3 sheets of 8 1/2x 11 inch of Colorful cardstock, glue, fabric appliques, yo-yo flowers, buttons, lace, ribbon and other embellishments you have pieces of in your stach.

   Instructions:  Take a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock and cut it down to a 5 x 6 inch size.  Fold it in half.  Now take another piece of card stock and cut one piece 5 x 6 inches lay aside for now.
   Cut out your applique pieces of fabric and arrange them the way you want on the front of the card.  Put a drop of glue in the center and glue to card stock.  Now, on the sewing machine use either the straight stitch or zig-zag and go around the edges of the applique.  Now they are secure in place. 
  Next,  you can get out your word stamps and stamp what ever sentiment you want onto the top of the of a white piece of card stock like you see in mine.  Cut out leaving about 1/2 inch top and bottom and about 2 inches on either side.

  Take a piece of scrapbook paper that coordinates with your back ground piece of cardstock and glue your word piece on top.  Now cut around leaving a 1/2 inch border.  Glue into place on your card.

  Now add lace, ribbon and your yo-yo flowers to the corners of each piece you sewed and glued on.  Take the 5x6 inch piece of cardstock you have left over and glue to the inside covering the sewing stitches. 

  I like to finish off the inside just as nice as I do the outside.  So, take a piece of cardstock and cut it 3x6 inches and glue it to the bottom right side of the inside of the card.  You now have a pocket.

  Then make a tag out of more cardstock and add chalk or ink on the edges and a hole in the top.  Cut out a 4 inch piece of ribbon and tie in the hole.  Tuck that piece into the pocket for a message to be written on.  And you are done!

  I also find strength when I'm feeling down from my congregation meetings I attend every Wednesday and Sunday.  I'm always refreshed and inspired to carry on in this dark world and let my light shine before all by sharing the word of God to all who will listen.  There is no better work I can do than to follow the Christ and proclaim the life saving hope of God's kingdom soon to change the scene of this world.

Head on over to the Sunshine Farmgirl Co-op for more great handmade products for everyday living!
http://stores.countrycents.com/StoreFront.bok?affiliate_no=3


  I leave you with one of my favorite scriptures that gives me strength to carry on.
          Philippians 4:6 & 7- " Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God; ...and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus."

No comments: