Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 25: Take Five

Day 25: Take Five- This is not putting yourself on a time out. This is taking five precious minutes at the beginning of each day an at the end of the day to read something inspirational: uplifting quotations, a passage from the Bible or other religious text or even a book that you find inspiring.

Read slowly, thoughtfully-with heart.  Again, meditate on what you are reading so it can give you that inner calm and peace.  Let the words enter in your mind and effect you heart to bring you comfort, joy and insight.

Day 24: Journaling- I have several journals for different subjects.  I find that I usually make time to write in them once a week.  I like to read what I've written a week or so before to see where I've been and where I am now.  It reminds me of self and brings me a connection of my accomplishments.

I think out of all the things I do with my hands making things brings me the most inner feeling of accomplishment. Writing my accomplishments down is a permanent reminder of what I've done with my time.  A farmfriend sent me a knitting/crochet journal.  I started keeping a log of what I make and there is a place to add a picture. That I like, because some of my things I sell or give to friends. This way I can remember what I've made.

No comments: