Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 29: Visualize- In Your Minds Eye

Day 29: Visualize-in your minds eye. See yourself as you want your life to be.  Stop just thinking about it and talking about it- See it!

Visualization is a tool that can help give your life shape and substance.  It's what dreams are made of.  Simply visualize what you want in your mind's eye-a new job, place to live, better relationships, better health, whatever.  Make it as real and specific as possible.

When you do, you are placing yourself in that new setting and that you will settle for nothing less.  Be a doer not just a hearer only.

Day 28:  Work Softer- I was forced into a slower pace 5 years ago when my health failed to live up to my expectations.  I can't even turn fast or my head will swim and I'll feel awful for minutes and have to sit down.  So, I go at a steady slow pace.  I think about what I need to do and then get all my ducks in a row, so to speak and begin the task at hand.

I'm one of those people that sees the mountain and breaks it down into smaller hills that I can manage and get to work organizing it the way I want it to be.  Some, will see the mountain and just leave it because they can't see the end result or they just don't like hard work.  But, clutter effects your mind and causes you stress.  So, don't leave it, clean it up one baby step at a time.  That doesn't mean working for 10 minutes today and 10 minutes next week.  That means working 10 minutes every hour if need be, according to your energy and strength to get the task done.

That is how I approach my tasks.  I work on them in the morning when I have the most energy.  Then, by afternoon I sit and do things while I'm resting like crocheting or sorting through those piles of junk mail and papers that need to be filed.
By evening I've taken a nap and finish my day with my family eating dinner and watching a movie or Bible tape and a little more hand work.

2 comments:

carla said...

Thanks I am really enjoying your blog!!! Followed over from mjfg and really glad I did!!! hugs

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time to read all the posts. I really think them out before I leave them.